The role of the hypnotherapist is to assist individuals to utilise their own innate resources for behaviour modification and healing and in so doing, help them to overcome or modify a diversity of presenting complaints.
ADVANTAGES OF HYPNOTHERAPY
- Hypnotherapy is one of the safest, quickest and most effective forms of treatment for the majority of psychological and emotional problems with few risks and side effects.
- Hypnotherapy fosters an attitude of independence and mastery in coping with problems and can also accelerate the healing process in many physiological problems.
- Positive aspects of hypnosis include the production of a much more profound level of relaxation with a concomitant reduction in stress levels.
- Doctors are becoming increasingly supportive of hypnotherapy as an aid to better health. It is a non-invasive therapy, complementary to orthodox medicine.
- Hypnotherapy speeds up progress made by other approaches such as CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) by reducing the influence of the critical conscious so that suggestions are more easily absorbed and appropriate responses generated
- Hypnotherapy enhances the contributions of both NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) especially in areas such as future pacing and psychology which relies on working in the normal conscious state.
HYPNOTHERAPY CAN HELP
The following list is not exhaustive but provides, in essence, fields in which hypnotherapy can be effectively utilised.
Eating & Appetite Disorders:
Stress Disorders & Management:
Addictions & Disorders of Habit:
Lack of Confidence:
Fears & Phobias:
Depression & Unresolved Grief: